Monday, August 29, 2016

Fly home!

The August Tim Holtz tag challenge introduced some nice techniques that I simply had to try. The brayered and flicked background technique immediately became my favorite, it produced such beautiful clean and airy look.
I used inks in colors Weathered Wood, Chipped Sapphire and Hickory Smoke. The first layer was weathered wood, gently diluted with a few drops of water. Next came weather wood mixed with chipped sapphire and hickory smoke, again with a few drops of water. It was flicked with water between brayering layers and the final drops are Infusions Black Knights - I like them because they start black but soon form vintage brown afterglow as well.

The die had ovals to be filled - I filled them with all sorts of linen. They soon reminded me of eggs. So I added  a flecked black feather (guinea fowl) and a charm birdie.


I could not find a text that would have fitted. I am mourning the fact that rub-ons seem to have all but vanished. Thankfully I am still hoarding a nice stash of rub-on letters, white among them. This way I was able to create my own phrase.
It was tied with a silk yarn. (Knitting yarn... Debbie Bliss if you should wonder. Takes dye well.)

entering this into:
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016: August


16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the textures particularly and the beautiful background.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful work, amazing natural look ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi että on kaunis ja herkkä!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihana työ..Hyvät värit.Tykkään.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ihastuttava! Pohjasta tykkään erityisesti:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos. Pohjaan olen itsekin tyytyväinen. Se on tekniikka jota tulen kyllä kokeilemaan uudellleenkin.

      Delete
  6. Delightful! So good to see such originality and masterful use of color. I get a sense of perspective here (which I LOVE) and it's full of charm of whimsy. So glad I stopped by to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you that's high praise indeed. :-)

      Delete